Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Brit Chick in my Head

I am a Brit chick in my head. London, England UK is my hometown. Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced Bouquet) is my neighbor. Eight-time Grammy Award winner Adele Adkins is my BFF (singing about our hometown in the video below). Shopaholic Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) is a close friend. Even though sales tax is a whopping 17.5% on most goods, we shop together on Oxford Street in The West End. I even speak in a faux British accent. It's a fun game I play when meeting strangers. Little do they know, I'm just a chick from The Motor City. 

One day I'd like to actually visit and experience London town. Spend an evening at the Central London Theatres. Stroll around The British Museum in Bloomsbury. Listen to live jazz while dining at Quaglino's. Indulge in a formal afternoon tea. Watch the sun set at Waterloo Bridge. Witness the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. Crawl through the best London pubs. Then wake up Sunday morning to sound off on a random subject at Speakers Corner. Can you tell I am obsessed with living the British life?

The well-known gospel hymn Beulah Land references my feelings perfectly: I'm kind of homesick for a country to which I've never been before.


2 comments:

  1. I want to go to London too! I was going to go for my 30th this year, but, well, stuff happens. It's definitely in my plans for the next two years though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember you planning to go for your 30th birthday. The Olympics are there too!

      Delete