Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rihmix


Yesterday I participated in a 24 Hour Read-a-Thon. You can read about my progress on Precision Reviews. It was the perfect time to start my free trial of Rolling Stone Magazine. Here's a few of my random thoughts while reading the current issue.

  • Welcome back, Brit! My timeline is abuzz with news of Rihanna and Britney teaming up for the S&M Rihmix. I'm in the minority and looking forward to it. Check out the funniest gif of Bey and Gaga's reaction when/if Brit and Rihanna perform the collabo live.
  • Wish I could've witnessed the mic battle between Kanye and Jay-Z at the SXSW. I won't mention how Ye forgot his own lyrics. -__-
  • Speaking of G.O.O.D. Music, Pusha T made Rolling Stone's Hot List. He won't be hot until he cuts those braids off.
  • Wiz Khalifa and Snoop need to have a seat. The rappers will begin shooting a new movie titled High School this spring. Of course's it is about smoking weed.
  • I'm all for healthy living and weight loss, but J Hud is a singing lollipop. Yeah, I said it.
  • On a more serious note, R.I.P. Nate Dogg, Pinetop Perkins, and Elizabeth Taylor.
  • Good luck to L.A. Reid who stepped down as Island Def Jam chair and will be a judge on Simon Cowell's new show The X Factor.
  • Congrats to my BFF-in-my-head Adele. Her new album, 21, is still #1 in the Top 40 Albums. Her debut album, 19, closes out the list at #40. Her voice brings chills. Watch her perform Someone Like You at the 2011 Brit Awards below: 
  • Prince's Kiss was a Top 10 single exactly 25 years ago (April 10, 1986). I was only four years old then, but it still jams. Watch his 2004 performance on Ellen below:


So those are my random thoughts of the current music news highlighted in this month's issue of Rolling Stone. Share yours.

2 comments: