Sunday, February 20, 2011

Want You To See All of the Lights

I previously mentioned in a random rant that music is everything. I've been patiently waiting for the official video to All of the Lights by Kanye West featuring fitty lem artists (Rihanna, Sir Elton John, Kid Cudi, John Legend, Tony Williams, Alicia Keys, La Roux's Elly Jackson, The Dream, Ryan Leslie, Alvin Fields, Fergie, Charlie Wilson, and Ken Lewis). The video is directed by Hype Williams. Um, it just has a lot of lights. I'm also annoyed that Fergie's vocal part is eliminated. Either the budget was low, or this is another of Kanye's artistic moments that went over my head. Or maybe he simply wanted us to see all of the lights, like the song says. Check it out below and share your two cents.




Still crossing my fingers for a live Grammy performance in 2012 with less lights, but ALL of the artists. It really is the best collaboration to date.

2 comments:

  1. This song is epic...the video, however? Notsomuch. I too was disappointed that Fergie's part was eliminated. A live performance of this song with all of the featured artists would be phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeanette,

    Yes this song is epic! That's why I expected the video to be way better. Keep your fingers crossed for a live performance. We deserve it after this blah video.

    ReplyDelete