Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Welcome XXX With Open Arms

In exactly seven months, I will be 10,950 days old. EEK!


Our society portrays 30 years old as either "the end of something great" or "the beginning of something bad." Most of the things that people want to accomplish by the age of 30, I've already done. Two college degrees, homeowner, traveled the world, entrepreneur and more. **toot toot** So below is a revised list of things I want to do before the big day.

  • Complete manuscripts.
  • Finish postgraduate certificate.
  • Research the UK in length.
  • Quit cursing as much.
  • Have fat transfer surgery.
  • Sell eggs.
  • Consider trying another blind date.
  • Have a full shopping spree...in my closet.
  • Create a timetable for my future.
  • Become half a millionaire.
  • Sky dive or bungee jump.
  • Measure success on a personal, not societal level.
  • Live, laugh, and love in the moment.
  • Pay attention to life as it occurs.
  • Minimize pointless drama.
  • Be a better me.
  • Plan and send invites to XXX Bash.

My list is realistic, but what's the rush? If I was to reach all my goals by 30, then there would be nothing to look forward to. A woman's life expectancy is 80 years old, so I have at least 50 more years to accomplish success. POW! So instead of dreading my next birthday, I welcome it with open arms.


For the book review of 30 Isn't Old, visit my other blog Precision Reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment